Skype is software that enables the world’s conversations. Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages and share files with other people on Skype. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you – on your mobile, computer or a TV with Skype on it. If you pay a little, you can do more – like call phones, access WiFi, send SMS and make group video calls. You can pay as you go or buy a subscription, whatever works for you. And in the world of business, this means you can bring your entire ecosystem of workers, partners and customers together to get things done. Try Skype today and start adding your friends, family and colleagues. They won’t be hard to find; hundreds of millions of people are already using Skype to do all sorts of things together. Skype is free to download and easy to use.
Skype 6.5 introduces several new and improved features in the Windows client:
- Video Messaging – Improved the stability of video messaging and made video messaging easier to find with improved notifications.
- Simplified Way to Add Contacts – Send and accept contact requests easily. Accepting a contact request will now appear right in your instant message view.
Fixed issues in this version:
- Cancel all doesn’t cancel file transfers
- Upon cancel of file transfer the transfer shows as successfully completed
- When one participant accepted file transfer, sender could not cancel the transfer
- Upon connection lost, no notification in call toolbar that the call was lost
- Keyboard navigation
- Add phone number not accessible with keyboard
- Skype hangs when selecting offline contact and clicking on call phone
- Skype crashes for some users upon exiting
- Skype crashes for some users when tried to send a file