VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, …) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC plays absolutely anything. It supports an enormous number of multimedia formats, and does not require you to download additional codecs. VLC features a complete streaming server, with extended features like video on demand, on-the-fly transcoding, granular speed controls, frame-by-frame advancement and more. It can also be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
What’s new in this version:
- 2.0.7 is a small update that fixes some regressions of the 2.0.x branch of VLC.
- 2.0.7 fixes track selection for PowerPC machines.
- 2.0.7 also fixes and important regression in decoding numerous audio file formats and when encoding in MP3 and AAC.
- 2.0.7 closes a couple of security issues and fixes regression in our ActiveX plugin for Internet Explorer.
- More info in the release notes.
Download: VLC Media Player 2.0.7 | 21.7 MB (Open Source)
Download: VLC Media Player Portable | 19.7 MB
Download: VLC Media Player 2.0.7 64-bit | Portable 64-bit | 22.0 MB
Download: VLC 2.0.7 for Linux | VLC 2.0.7 for Mac