Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
What’s new in this version:
- [2013-06-22] CHG: updated Danish, French, Hebrew, Russian, Slovenian and Turkish translations.
- [2013-06-21] CHG: updated TAK library to TAK 2.3.0.
- [2013-06-21] FIX: Performing update check occasionally resulted in runtime error.
- [2013-06-09] FIX: Changing option to show only user-defined genres had no effect until restarting Mp3tag.
- [2013-06-09] FIX: Undo after removing first file from list had no effect.
- [2013-06-08] LNG: Lithuanian language file.
Download: Mp3tag 2.56 | 2.5 MB (Freeware)